Election Notification 2021
Rocky Mountain Friends of Nepal (RMFN: http://www.rmfn.org), Denver, CO is holding a general election on April 13, 2021 for executive officers and Board of Directors (BOD) positions. RMFN wants to ensure that the election will be held fairly and professionally. We request all members, executives, and directors of the RMFN to carefully read this document in its entirety, anticipates your extended support, and encourages your participation.
The Election Committee was authorized to draft the policies and procedures for the election, which have been outlined in this document, and to conduct a free and fair election for the seven RMFN executive officers and seven board members for the upcoming new term. The new term shall commence on April 17, 2021 and terminate on the day following the Nepali New Year’s celebration in 2023 (Bikram Sambat 2080).
Positions for Election:
- Executive Positions:
- Vice -President
- General Secretary
- Cultural Secretary
- Public Relations Officer
- Technical Officer
- Other BOD Positions:
- Woman Representative
- Student Representative
- General Representative (5 positions)
Method, Date, and Location of Voting:
- Method of voting will be online
- Voters should have valid Email ID to cast the online vote.
- Vote casting schedule:
- Voting will be done Online.
- Online Voting will start from April 13, 2021 8:00 AM MST and ends on April 13, 2021 8:00 PM MST.
- The online voting website will be updated in RMFN website and also sent a link to the RMFN member’s e-mail ID.
- Vote counting will start from April 13, 2021 9:00 pm onward and winners will be declared at the end of counting.
- Must be consistent with Bylaws Section V Article VI.
- Those RMFN members are eligible to vote whose membership remains valid on April 13, 2021 and the membership must have commenced no later than December 31, 2020.
- The list of RMFN members whose membership has commenced no later than December 31, 2020 will be published and posted on the RMFN website (www.rmfn.org).
- Members are requested to verify from this list whether their membership remains valid at least until April 13, 2021 and if necessary, to renew. The election committee shall publish the final voter list on March 23, 2021.
- Candidates for executive positions must have at least one-year prior membership. That means, membership must have commenced no later than April 13, 2020 and remains valid at least until April 13, 2021.
- Candidates for other BOD positions must be an eligible voter, as specified above.
Nomination Process and Fees:
- A candidate to a position must nominate himself or herself. Nomination by others will not be valid. A person cannot file nomination for more than one position.
- Nomination must be made by sending email to election commissioner’s email address.
- Nomination must be filed by the deadline specified below in the election schedule.
- Nomination fee must be paid through RMFN PayPal account at the time of filing the nomination. The applicable nomination fees for the following positions are:
- President: $ 100
- Other executive positions: $ 50
- Other BOD positions: $ 25
- A nomination will be considered valid only if the nominee meets the candidate eligibility and satisfies all the above conditions.
- March 23, 2021
- Executive committee hands over to the election committee and posts on the RMFN website the list of members whose membership has commenced no later than December 31, 2020.
- March 24, 2021: Election Committee publishes election notification and post on the RMFN website the list of members
- March 27, 2021:Election Committee publishes Final voter list on RMFN web-site
- March 29, 2021:Format for nomination form shall be posted on RMFN web-site
- March 31, 2021 to April 9, 2021:Candidates file nomination.
- April 10, 2021: Candidate withdrawals and complaints.
- April 14, 2021: Election Committee publishes final candidate list on RMFN web-site
- April 16, 2021 8:00 AM MST through April 16, 2021 8:00 PM MST
- Voting time
- April 16, 2021 9:00 pm MST onward: Election Committee counts votes and declares results.
- Any member (Eligible voter for RMFN election 2021) may file complaints to the Election Committee related to candidacy, voter eligibility, correction of names and addresses, and any other issue directly related to the election within 3 days of the posting of the related information and/or list.
- A complaint must be written and the person filing complaint needs to be identified.
- The Election Committee shall examine the complaint and render its decision within a week of receiving the complaint. The Election Committee’s decision shall be final.
Election Committee’s Contact Detail:
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more details, please visit Rocky Mountain Friends of Nepal website: www.rmfn.org.
RMFN Election Committee 2021
Mr. Kiran Dangi – Coordinator
Mr. Krishna Murari Dhungel -Member
Dr. Anita Thapaliya- Member